Help me save my Case 3000

Users who are viewing this thread

Gallo Machisimo

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time reader, first-time asker. My wife and I have a mid-century home with 3 Case 3000 toilets. We bought our home BECAUSE it's mid-century and want to keep as many of the period fixtures as we can. Aside from that, these toilets generally work better than most any of the new ones.

Recently a couple of the toilets began running all the time and my water bill went a bit crazy. Because the full rebuild kits are expensive, so I don't want to buy more than I need to. I've seen comments on here that rarely do all the guts need to be replaced.

When I flush the toilet, I get water shooting out where I put the arrows on the picture. I found a place that I can order parts, but I'm not sure exactly what I need. I'm pretty sure I need the CASE - SP-24 - BALLCOCK VENT ASSEMBLY REPAIR PARTS. However, the other ones are all named similar and it's hard to tell what exactly I might need. Where it's shooting out looks like the SP-47 plunger assembly. However, that's included in one of the ballcock repair kits, and there are a bunch of other varieties of the ballcock repair kit as well. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be beyond grateful.

Note the lovely DIY repair on the plunger assembly by the previous homeowner. :)

Any help would be so very appreciated. Next up after the toilets are the Sherle Wagner faucets.

Case 3000 Hallway.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hello Terry,

Attached are the photos of one of the toilets in this condo that we have listed. When the water is turned on to this toilet, it runs continuously and will not fill up enough to flush. The flush valve seal was rotted so I tried filling the toilet with a new seal and it still continued to run. As you can see from the photos, there is a one inch threaded hole in the upper portion of the fill tube. Even with a plug in that hole, the toilet still continues to run. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Bob

crane-beige-01.jpg
crane-beige-02.jpg
crane-inside-tank-02.jpg
crane-inside-tank-01.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Did the carpenter make that panel over the tank removable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks