Help installing vintage american stand sink

Users who are viewing this thread

krd000

Reaction score
I'm looking to install a1950s American Standard sink. Does anyone have any advice on how to assemble the legs and towel bars? It should look as pictured.

I am having an issue with the legs, also. They appear to be two different sizes and the ends are different. One is 26" long and has threading on the end. The other is 24" long with no threading. The escutcheons are also different. One is hollow and the threaded end is able to screw into it. The other looks like it has a piping in it already but that does not fit onto the non-threaded end of the 24" leg.

The escutcheons on the handles are also different. It looks like one has threading on the inside of it while the other does not.

Any advice on how to proceed with this or do I need new legs and escutcheons?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 6.21.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 6.21.53 PM.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2706.png
    IMG_2706.png
    594 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2707.png
    IMG_2707.png
    639 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2708.png
    IMG_2708.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2709.png
    IMG_2709.png
    720.8 KB · Views: 72

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Without the full and complete parts to this your going to have to make it work somehow. I can't really tell you how as fitting it up in person will likley be the only way to find a solution. I would consider getting a different lav. You could find a wall hung that doesn't have those legs which seem like they would get kicked over time and break.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dont know if they are universal but Supply house.com has 27 inch legs the whole kit for 27 bucks. also at a much higher price wall carriers might work (no legs) or just a wall bracket without legs I dont know if Id give up on what you have there or not

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Brain transplant, I'm afraid and sorry to tell you that this is a regrettable mistake to waste your time on this.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think its a cool sink and might very well be worth his effort. Id google lav legs for wall mount lavatories

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Spend some time scouring Ebay and second hand home supply stores till you find all the parts.. Yours are currently incomplete.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
What about the new parts I see available? but I like the idea of old stuff too , I just dont see a problem in doing this job at all
True, there could be new console sink legs available. I've only purchased them new as whole kits with the sink and leg kit.

Here is one example of console leg kits available.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im finding them all over the place for 14.50 , 27 bucks to 350 bucks . Of cource the guy with the question krd1000 we will never hear from again most likely . So dont know what he is looking to achieve. I like the eba, or architectural salvage idea find nice used thats probebly better than the new crap. but sometimes a 20 dollar new part gets job done and looks good .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks