Help Identifying Old Shower Diverter Stem (3-valve, possible retrofit in past)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotspur

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been through the Ferguson online catalogue, Brasscraft catalogue, and have unsuccessfully bashed my head against all the local Home Depot/Lowe's--I'm having a hell of a time identifying what brand/make my failed shower diverter stem is. Any help figuring out what type it is and the make of the trim would be greatly appreciated--my wife is starting to look a little unhappy about not being able to use the shower...

Stem is approx 4-1/2" long (+/-) and I believe it's a 16-pt broach, but I could be mistaken there. The plunger/washer assembly inside the threaded/holed portion appears to be plastic. There was also a black toothed cylinder around the broach but I believe that is part of the faucet trim handle fitting.

The diverter stem
X9d35Q7.jpg

overall 3-fixture setup, trim
Bh79ctx.jpg

view of valve-body, hard to see
9kayJFt.jpg

threaded pipe opening rough dimension--valve stem goes inside this, have to screw in with long ratchet.
xDRYcrO.jpg

Thanks!

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The valve is American Standard Williamsburg 1043.222-020. All valve parts are available. Some trim parts can be difficult to find.

Attachments

• WILLIAMSBURG1043.222.pdf
    32.5 KB · Views: 71
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks