Help identifying and figuring out how to turn on bathtub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Dante R

Reaction score
I am rather clueless when it comes to plumbing and have been searching around the internet to no avail. All I have figured out is that this is a moen trim because of the visible branding, but other than that I am lost. The handle pulls out to start running the shower, and turning it left or right determines hot/cold. The handle does not turn all the way around.

20191101_232555.jpg

I also cannot seem to figure out how to turn the bathtub faucet on. The little thing under the handle looks like some kind of button but I can't press it in. (and I can't figure out if that's due to rust/build-up or if it's because it's not a pressable button )

Any and all help/feedback is greatly appreciated because this mystery is driving me crazy.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
That little button needs to pull out. When it's in it diverts the water to the shower. The part is replaceable.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The tub spout has a diverter and the shower has a diverter.
For water to go to the tub, the spout diverter is down and the handle diverter is out.

Normally with a diverter shower handle you would not have a spout with a diverter. It rather confuses things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks