Help choosing water treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread

sailingfree

Reaction score
Hi, after reading a lot on contrary advice, I thought I would try here for recommendations for my well water.
Would a Water-Right" sanitzer solve all my problems?
Water Test Results from 2010:

Hardness 88 mg/l

Iron 0.6 mg/l

manganese 0.24 mg/l

Arsenic 0.022 mg/l

Calcium 21.7 mg/l

Chloride 26.4 mg/l

ph 7.1

turbidity 3.7 NTU

Other items below half of recommended.

Also:

Black/reddish slime in water tanks

Gray thick slime in Kitchen sink drain

Red/brown stain streaks in toilet bowl

HS smell (has improved over the years, mild now)

Water in a glass does not settle out, but the tub water turns brown.

Yellow “whites” from the washer.

My well is 250 ft deep with 25 gal/min. I have a septic system. Plastic DW piping

My hot water is from a zone of my propane boiler with about 6 gallons of storage.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Sorry, not much can be taken from a 8 year old water report. Water can change significantly over time. Please consider getting an updated water test done.

Are you wanting to take care of the arsenic? Hardness? iron and manganese are a given as is the h2s. While many unique systems are available as a one size fits all, this rarely works unless it is purchased from a local company who is willing to back the product without charging you for adding more equipment later if it does not meet your expectations.

sailingfree

Reaction score
Sorry, not much can be taken from a 8 year old water report. Water can change significantly over time. Please consider getting an updated water test done.

So an updated test this month: iron is up to 2.4 mg/l manganese to 0.32 mg/l, hardness 98 mg/l The arsenic is almost all ArIII at 0.0168 mg/l, with ArV only 0.0193 mg/l Calcium is 27 mg/l
Cloride 29 mg/l, ph = 6.98

I hope to remove Iron, manganese, HS, hardness and Arsenic.
Thanks, Sailingfree

Reach4

Reaction score
So an updated test this month: iron is up to 2.4 mg/l manganese to 0.32 mg/l, hardness 98 mg/l The arsenic is almost all ArIII at 0.0168 mg/l, with ArV only 0.0193 mg/l Calcium is 27 mg/l
Cloride 29 mg/l, ph = 6.98

I hope to remove Iron, manganese, HS, hardness and Arsenic.

0.0168 mg/l is less than 0.0193 mg/l , so I suspect one of your numbers is a typo.

sailingfree

Reaction score
You are right, Arsenic III is 0.0168 mg/l. Arsenic V is only 0.0025 mg/l.
My latest quote is for: First inline, a Campbell 2PS sediment filter; Then, EVR-1054 with resin; EVS-1054 oxidizer; and last, EVR-1054 NR.
They say that the problem is to oxidize the Ar V. So the cost is 3x a single EV2. Comments? Thanks

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
That makes more sense. How much are you talking about? Are you interested in doing it yourself? Do you need drinking water quality water at your toilets, showers etc?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks