Hello, new to forum. Well pump replace

Users who are viewing this thread

Macdoesit

Reaction score
Pump went out 2 days ago. Called pump company and they had a record of my well. We have owned our home for 20 years and pump co, said the pump was replaced 21 years ago.
I pulled the pump by hand. 129 feet of 1-1/2 PVC. pipe broke every so often as we pulled it out of a well house. Pump was maybe 10 or 15 feet below water, maybe more.
What kind of hose, pipe, motor, etc should I use going back in?
Pump that came out is an Aermotor, 1/2 HP- 12 GPM.
Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Any 1/2HP, 10 or 12 GPM series pump will work. You can get these at TS or any box store. I would use 160# poly in 1" with metal (brass or SS) double long barb fittings and two hose clamps each.

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
do what I did and throw stupdity at it. I bought one of those cheap ebay 3/4 horse pumps for $169 and have been happy since I forget when I did the replacement. 2019? 2018? 2020? I should look at my previous posts to find out. You can use poly pipe to replace the pvc or just cut out the bad pvc and glue in new. Just be sure not to drop the pump down the hole. That's messy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks