Have well and believe pressure tank is down in the casing. How can the pressure be checked

have a well, believe pressure tank is down in the casing. How can pressure in this type be checked?

• Must remove tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need more information

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Kas

Reaction score
have a well and I believe the pressure tank is down in the casing. How can the pressure in this type of pressure tank be checked? Do they pull it out to check it?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The Schrader for an in well tank is located inside the discharge pipe. So yes you have to unscrew the pipe above the tank to be able to attach an air gauge to the Schrader. There is another way, but doesn't work as well with an in well tank. With water pressure in the system turn off power to the pump. Open a faucet and let water out of the tank. The pressure will drop slowly until the bladder in the tank hits bottom, then it falls off instantly. If the pressure drops slowly to say 30 PSI then falls to zero instantly, you have 30 PSI air in the tank. Also those tanks should hold about 1/2 gallon of water, so if you don't get a 1/2 gallon out before the tank empties it is probably bad.

I actually own the patent for the in well tank. It has long expired and the other company just waited until it expired so they wouldn't have to pay me. But I never made one of my own even after 20+ years of research and development because the way they work it is hard to keep the bladder from failing and they don't hold enough water even when working properly. We prefer a regular 4.5 gallon size tank that will hold 1.2 gallons of water and cost a fraction as much as an in well tank. I thought the in well tank was a good idea, but it has too many flaws.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks