Gutting a tub spout

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by catfeesh, Feb 14, 2020 at 5:29 PM.

1. catfeesh

catfeesh New Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if I could rip the plastic guts out of a push fit spout and use it as a threaded style?

I installed a new tub spout that throws water in a wide cone pattern and back onto the wall tile. Messy.
    To replace it, I got my hands on a long heavy spout (Pfister 920-911A), but it's a push fit style and my ~2-1/2" copper stub seems inadequate to support such a spout....it will accept around 6" of copper pipe.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

no, try the new spout and see how it works, think you would be fine if its an inch past the o ring

catfeesh likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

catfeesh likes this.
  4. catfeesh

catfeesh New Member

I should have an 1-1/2" past the o-ring... I'll try it out - thanks 69

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    If it doesn't work, that insert will unscrew leaving a 1/2" ips thread in the spout.

6. catfeesh

catfeesh New Member

Nice! I was hoping to hear that. Thanks hj