Grundfos cu301

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Bloxom

Reaction score
Terry, I recently saw the article you wrote on this controller. I have one and it is stuck on 100 PSI, the controller won' t change. You commented that the variable speed pump could be hooked straight to the power supply. If so what would the pressure be without the controller, wouldn't it still be running wide open? I really need a very low flow because its not that good of a well and it just runs to a 1000 gallon tank that I use for watering grass with another pump. Also could I put a variable speed motor controller on the power supply and adjust flow/ pressure that way.

Reach4

Reaction score
Normally you control a pump feeding an atmospheric tank with a float switch. No pressure switch. That SQE pump does not seem to be a good pump for the job that you need done. Could you have put a 4 inch pump down there?

Do you feel you need to throttle the pumping rate? If so, you could do that with a partially closed ball valve, but you must make sure that the valve never fully closes.

I don't know if there is a way to trick that controller to run the pump as slowly as it will go. Maybe you could simulate the sensor saying that the pressure is high, and the controller would slow the motor. I would not know how to do that.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like Reach says you can just run that pump without the controller if it is just filling a 1000 gallon tank. You can either manually turn the pump on and off as needed, or use a float switch in the tank.

If you need the pump to operate at a pressure and turn itself on and off as needed, you will need a regular pressure switch in place of the CU301 controller. But then you also will need a very large pressure tank, or a Cycle Stop Valve and you can stay with the little pressure tank you have.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks