Grundfos alpha2 pump wiring

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveD

Reaction score
Planning on getting an alpha 2 pump with the cord due to price. Can I just cut plug off and hard wire to controller. Can't find any info on this. Thanks.

NY_Rob

In the Trades
Reaction score
I believe the pump only meets code with the original cord/plug intact.

You would probably have to use armored cable (14/2 available at HD, Lowes, etc) to meet code if you cut the plug off at which point you'd be better off going with the un-corded version from the get-go.

What is the price difference between the two?

DaveD

Reaction score
I believe the pump only meets code with the original cord/plug intact.

You would probably have to use armored cable (14/2 available at HD, Lowes, etc) to meet code if you cut the plug off at which point you'd be better off going with the un-corded version from the get-go.

What is the price difference between the two?

About 1/2 the cost. I was planning on armored cable anyways or use an outlet. I heard somewhere that the plug type has to be powered all the time whereas the uncorded one can be switched. Doesn't make sense but any truth to this? Thanks for the reply.
Dave

NY_Rob

In the Trades
Reaction score

NY_Rob

In the Trades
Reaction score
^ wow! Buy a backup at that price!

Agreed, the manual is um... "lacking" to be generous.

All else aside, it is an excellent pump though!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks