'Glass shower stall and drain on slab floor

Users who are viewing this thread

samd

SamD
Reaction score
After doing a search (and probably not using the correct terms) I wasn't able to find any info on the infamous shower stall drain installation trick on a concrete slab (read: Basement). Everything is set were it needs to be, to the best of my chiperin', and there's a box in the floor for the trap so I think I'm on the right track.

Still, though, the vexing part is getting the whole works in place before the glue sets up, the drain fitting is sitting at a right angle to the floor of the shower and for reasons soon to be known, I'm renting a jackhammer and the neighborhood is suffused with bad language- if you get my meaning.

Can someone give a good synopsis of the process of putting a preformed shower base in place over the existing drain/trap? My initial approach is to simply get the trap lined up and glued with enough vertical excess to trim later and use one of the drain fittings that clamps on the floor of the shower stall and then slides down OVER the vertical leg of the trap and then tighten it with the supplied FW (Funky Wrench).

Am I on the right track or completely FUBAR? TIA

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some drains for those things utilize a rubber donut washer for the seal. Depending on the type of material, you may want to set the thing in mortar so that the bottom doesn't flex. This will make it last longer and feel more substantial. Not all need this, but most can benefit. It really helps if the floor is not flat and level, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks