Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucet Installation, 'fastmount' Nut Won't Clear Space

Users who are viewing this thread

PhilD163

Reaction score
I'm trying to put this faucet in to a new sink/countertop, and the hole that was drilled in the granite is kind of far back. I'm left with very little room to get a nut underneath to hold the faucet in. Unfortunately, the faucet I have, has this garbage plastic nut (they call it a 'fastmount', it's basically a huge oversized plastic nut with a grip on it). The supplied nut is way too thick and won't even clear the space between the threaded faucet stem and the rear of the cabinet.

If I just had a normal nut (is it a bonnet nut? A locking nut?), but all of my internet searches have been in vain. Am I a moron? Is there a trick to this? Will one manufacturer's 1.25" nuts work on another?
IMG-20191221-143329.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Houptee

Reaction score
Try the electrical dept get a big locknut for conduit and they have big washers too but grind a flat spot on the washer to fit in the back.
halex-conduit-fittings-99524-64_1000.jpg
halex-conduit-fittings-96194-64_1000.jpg
031857493141_10512969.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks