GFCI Brands

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for GFCI outlet brands? I just picked up a few from Leviton that appear to be a lot more durable / sold than the brand sold at my local big box home center. I wish I had started with these.

Steve

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Someone once told me that Guardian made the best gfci, but it has been a long time and I'm not sure I even have the name right anymore. When it comes to safety devices, it is often not a good idea to go with the low-price option. Sometimes, the big box stores have the same things, sometimes they are stripped down.

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
I like the ones that look like this

IRUB.jpg

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
Never seen/used cooper gif's... why do you prefer them? Probably why I like Leviton, because thats what my supply house carries... :)

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
My house carries both but I have to ask for Coopers specifically.

I just like the design better, I think they are made better (quality wise) and oddly enough I like the screws better.
The only thing I do not like is the weird bump on the back.

Oh yeah, I like the test and reset buttons MUCH better.
And the LED lights on a trip. It is not always on. I like that too.

21ptxF3hehL._AA280_.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks