Getting ready to install my first driven well

Users who are viewing this thread

Rslaback

Reaction score
I live in a Wisconsin rural subdivision on a manmade lake. The shop property that I bought just up the road from my house doesn't currently have any water service. It would be nice to have water in the shop for cleanup and assorted tasks but really I am planning to install a point well because my wife has taken over the shop yard and planted a small orchard of 12 trees and 20 blueberry bushes. There may be a small sweet corn patch going in next year as well. Currently we haul water from our home in an IBC tote and that is getting pretty old.

The soil in the area is nothing but sand. Last year I had to have a new well drilled at my house because the original had plugged. Based on that and the well construction permits of others in the area I know that I should hit water at about 12 feet so a sand point should work well.

I'm putting together my shopping list and doing research and I'm finding I have some questions on quality brands and screens. If I purchase the point locally it looks like my best bet is a Campbell point but I can't find much about that brand. I'm finding negative reviews on pretty much all the other brands but it looks like most of those are from broken threads which sound like they are pounding too hard. I also don't know what gauge of screen I should be looking for. We have a silt build up in our home in the sinks so I am guessing the smaller the better but if it isn't being used as drinking water I don't know that it matters or would be worth the loss in flow. It sounds like a slotted point would be best but like others who have posted here I haven't found anywhere I can purchase one of those.

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks