Gauge shows 60/80 for 40/60 switch

Users who are viewing this thread

matthro

Reaction score
I've been doing some update to my water water system, new submersible pump, pressure tank, tee, etc.

Things appear to working okay but my pressure gauge shows a cut of 60/80 and I have a 40/60 unadjusted switch. These are both brand new, clean tee and nipples. I even replaced each element again on the chance one was defective with the same result.

I have not adjusted the nuts on the switch at all, though I would like to increase my pressure if possible (it feels more like 40/60) but I don't want to increase it if it's actually already going up to 80.

Any idea why this might be happening? thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Buy a pressure gauge that has a garden hose thread. They are under $20, and sometimes well under. See if that agrees with your current gauge. If your current gauge is reading higher, replace the current gauge.

You can connect a GHT pressure gauge a the drain valve for the pressure tank, outdoors if weather permits, to a laundry connection, or to the WH drain valve.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
When the water pressure is reading above 70, what does the air pressure read as? Of course your tire pressure gauge could also be wrong.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks