Fluidmaster 400R filling problem

Users who are viewing this thread

PETER BOOTH

Reaction score
I have an issue with my 400 R where it does the little trickle and will not fill unless I turn the water off and on. I tried removing cap and using cup flush method but still no luck. Is the 400R failing or something with my water. Just find it odd it fills if I turn water off and on at ball valve.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It might not be the fill valve. What do you have for the supply hose from the valve? One company makes one called 'Floodsafe'...that can be 'fooled' by some fill valves into thinking there's a problem, and it shuts the water off. If that's the case, get a 'plain' hose.

ANother thing that can give problems is on an older shutoff valve at the wall that is multi-turn...if the washer degrades, it can start to break up, and block the flow. If you have a plain hose, and a multi-turn valve, shut the water off there, take the hose off, and see what happens if you open it into a bucket. If it flows well, it may be in the toilet fill valve, otherwise, you have a problem with the supply or line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks