Flow loss cast iron rads

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you lose a lot of flow thru 1/2" and 3/4" inlet outlet cast radiators.
1/2" and 3/4" has a fixed number of btus each can carry within design flow rates.

Your question is kind of vague. You don't lose much on the radiators themselves. They generally aren't figured into the flow loss. I think it would just go down as the same number of feet of piping.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
1/2" and 3/4" has a fixed number of btus each can carry within design flow rates.

Your question is kind of vague. You don't lose much on the radiators themselves. They generally aren't figured into the flow loss. I think it would just go down as the same number of feet of piping.
What if it was converted from a gravity system

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
What if it was converted from a gravity system
Not exactly sure what your asking. A gravity system would have had way way way oversized pipes due to relying on gravity. Adding the pump makes the large piping not necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks