Fleck 7000 Cam Timing Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Pops52

Reaction score
Good Day
Couple days ago the brine draw stopped so I did the usual cleaning of the injector. It wasn't plugged like it usually is. Still wouldn't draw any brine. Pulled the cover off and watched the cam rotate from one sequence to the next. As the cam rotated to open the brine valve, I saw the brine being drawn through the plastic tube then the valve plunger rod closed as the cam turned 1/32" too far past the tip of the lobe. I stuck a spacer in to hold the brine valve open for the 60 min cycle then let the softener finish the cycles. Cam lobe is not worn and the cycle indicator line for the brine draw is a tiny bit past the marker. I havn't seen a broken tooth off the main gear yet. Any thoughts?
Dave

Reach4

Reaction score
Is your cam positioned like this when the softener is in service?
index.php

If not, see https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-7000sxt-positioning-issue.63097/

Pops52

Reaction score
Yes. That's how it is now and that's the position it was in (on the other lobe) when it was in brine draw mode.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was referring to the arrow pointing to the S.
img_3.jpg

Pops52

Reaction score
I think my issue has been resolved. There was some salt/brine residue on the encoder and it was at the spot that was where the "reader" was supposed to stop the cam, so the cam went another 1/16th" and the brine valve closed stopping the draw. I HOPE this was the reason. I ran a cycle and it worked as it should.
@Reach4 Thanks for your input.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Unplug the unit when it is in service, reposition the cam by turning it in the direction of the large arrow (counter clockwise) until the tiny arrow pointing toward the center of the valve points to the letter "S" . here is a video that shows how to do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks