Fleck 7000 Cam Timing Issue

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by pops52, May 4, 2020.

1. pops52

pops52 New Member

Good Day
    Couple days ago the brine draw stopped so I did the usual cleaning of the injector. It wasn't plugged like it usually is. Still wouldn't draw any brine. Pulled the cover off and watched the cam rotate from one sequence to the next. As the cam rotated to open the brine valve, I saw the brine being drawn through the plastic tube then the valve plunger rod closed as the cam turned 1/32" too far past the tip of the lobe. I stuck a spacer in to hold the brine valve open for the 60 min cycle then let the softener finish the cycles. Cam lobe is not worn and the cycle indicator line for the brine draw is a tiny bit past the marker. I havn't seen a broken tooth off the main gear yet. Any thoughts?
    Dave

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. pops52

pops52 New Member

Yes. That's how it is now and that's the position it was in (on the other lobe) when it was in brine draw mode.

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I was referring to the arrow pointing to the S.
    img_3.jpg

6. pops52

pops52 New Member

7. pops52

pops52 New Member

Here is where the brine valve shaft was at during brine draw.
    WS2.jpg

8. pops52

pops52 New Member

I think my issue has been resolved. There was some salt/brine residue on the encoder and it was at the spot that was where the "reader" was supposed to stop the cam, so the cam went another 1/16th" and the brine valve closed stopping the draw. I HOPE this was the reason. I ran a cycle and it worked as it should.
    @Reach4 Thanks for your input.

Reach4 likes this.
  9. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Unplug the unit when it is in service, reposition the cam by turning it in the direction of the large arrow (counter clockwise) until the tiny arrow pointing toward the center of the valve points to the letter "S" . here is a video that shows how to do it.

pops52 likes this.