Fleck 7000SXT positioning issue

Users who are viewing this thread

travelined

Reaction score
Hello,

I've had a Fleck 7000SXT is service for 5 years with no problem. This week, following the regen cycle, water was still flowing through the valve. After running through a number of manual tests stepping through the regen cycle, what is happening is the valve is not positioning correctly at each step. It keeps going past the correct position about 1/8 - 1/4" and stops between steps.

So, when it should be filling brine, it slips past that position and is essentially in "in service" position.

The motor appears to be working fine. I don't see any damage to the gears, etc.

With this valve using an optical positioning system, is there cleaning or adjustment to the cam position I can do, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks so much for your help.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
There are many ways to correct this but the simplest is to use a nut driver on the top of the valve drive train. See the video below for more details.

Unplug the power to the valve when the system is in service. Turn the drivetrain in the direction of the arrow and set the tiny arrow to the letter "S". This will resync the valve manually.

travelined

Reaction score
There are many ways to correct this but the simplest is to use a nut driver on the top of the valve drive train. See the video below for more details.

Unplug the power to the valve when the system is in service. Turn the drivetrain in the direction of the arrow and set the tiny arrow to the letter "S". This will resync the valve manually.

Thanks, I'll try that and report back.

travelined

Reaction score
OK, so that worked.

1. What causes this?
2. Should I be concerned that there's a problem with the valve?

Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks