Fixture recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Rdtompki

Reaction score
Redoiing a master bath and my Wife is set on oil rubbed bronze which limits available when you need vanity, tub and shower fixtures. Moen Kingsley looks promising, but I read in at least on thread that Moen two-handle faucets, at least some varieties, have been troublesome. Any general comments on Moen? I've had no luck finding a complete suite of this finish in Delta. Any recommendations on another brand I might look at?

My shower will have both a normal shower head and a hand shower. There appear to be two choices for plumbing. The first would be to use one control and a three-way diverter. This would be a tidy setup, but would limit total flow from the two fixtures to 2.5 gal/min. The second approach would be two separate valves in which case I could get full flow out of each. Disadvantage is having two separate valves on the shower walls. Am I missing something? Is there another way to skin this cat? Any recommendations or thoughts?

Rick T

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
do the diverter

Stay AWAY from the MOEN products,

they are nothing but trouble to repair, usually you have to
literally scar up the handles just to get them off.......

stick with the Delta and you will be happy....

the diverter is not too big a deal and most of those
hsower heads and accessories have little adapters that restrict
the flow out of them....

they just scream to be taken out and thrown away the first time
they clog up and need to be cleaned..

so either way wil probably work ok

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks