Faucet Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnO

Reaction score
I finished one bathroom and now onto another. Both faucets are single handle Moens

For bathroom number 1, I sweated the fittings without removing the cartridge. It works fine.

For bathroom number 2, I want to take out the cartridge.

It takes alot of FORCE (pull when removing and pushing in to install) to remove the cartridge and the install it. In bathoom number 1, I don't think the pipes are secured well enough to take that kind of pulling and pushing. My question is do you really have to reinforce the area the faucets will be with wood bracing so that when the day does come, you can pull and push without worrying if you are going to break something?

Is there any way to make the cartridge slide in and out easy?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes the valve really should be secured well, if for no other reason than that when the cartridges are old they do get VERY tight to remove.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You can use some plumbers grease on the cartridge and in the valve and it should help some. You just need a lite coating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks