? Existing submersible of vacant house

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian allen

Reaction score
A friend of friend, purchased a foreclosure that had been vacant. Before purchase, all copper piping and pressure tank were swiped. Wires from pump and well pipe are free in basement, but there is no power supply wiring from box to its location. Only breaker that sends out power for 1 purpose has a 15 amp breaker with 12 gauge wire and goes to an abanded jet pump (guessing) opposite direction of submersible. There is 3 wires total (red, yellow, black) coming in basement from submersible, any way to figure what's what with out pulling pump?

Reach4

Reaction score
There is 3 wires total (red, yellow, black) coming in basement from submersible, any way to figure what's what with out pulling pump?
Take 3 resistance readings between wires two at a time. You need an ohmmeter that can measure low resistance.

Is there a part number on the box?

Brian allen

Reaction score
A friend of friend, purchased a foreclosure that had been vacant. Before purchase, all copper piping and pressure tank were swiped. Wires from pump and well pipe are free in basement, but there is no power supply wiring from box to its location. Only breaker that sends out power for 1 purpose has a 15 amp breaker with 12 gauge wire and goes to an abanded jet pump (guessing) opposite direction of submersible. There is 3 wires total (red, yellow, black) coming in basement from submersible, any way to figure what's what with out pulling pump?
Any help would be appreciated. I'm surprised that there isn't a 20 amp breaker dedidicated to the submersible and supply power isn't evident to submersibles location. Well pipe appears to be cut with saw and wires were left almost 18" long (would've expected copper thieves to take all wiring in house and the 18"? Open to any and all guesses of this situation.

Reach4

Reaction score
What box are you refering to?
You said box. I thought that might have been a pump control box.

I found that earlier, I think the 2 lowest readings are suppose to equal the largest? What does that lead me to? It seems (guessing) it doesn't need a controller?
A pump where what you say is approximately true would need a controller. With wire resistance, the sum of the two smallest will not be the same as the largest.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....-3-wire-pump-resistances-with-unknowns.67706/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks