Eternal on demand help

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I know they out of business. If you zoom in you will see a minor leak on the horizontal stainless tubing nut (right side marked with felt pen). Has anyone worked on one? I tried to tighten it but no luck. Anyone know if it's a flare or rubber gasket or some other connection? I dare not leave an old lady with no hot water, so I didnt undue it yet. drips every 5 minutes

Attachments

• 20200612_144554.jpg
    20200612_144554.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 234

Happy Kiwis

Reaction score
The leak I had was from the sensor where the black wire is attached however I did remove the bolt and the pipe to which you are referring and also put some teflon tape and re-tighten in case that was the source of the leak. I removed the screw holding the sensor in place and removed the pulled the sensor out. Be careful not to drop the screw. When you pull the sensor out, there is some gas pressure that will be released. There is a small “O” ring washer which was a little worn but I could not find the right size. I think it is 1/4” O.D. x 7/32” I.D. x 1/16”. Instead, I put a bit of Pipe Thread Compound sealant on the metal piece of the sensor and a bit of Teflon tape and plugged back in. That seemed to have done the job. The leak had caused an E27 error which is an issue with the mixer value (refer to www.nonodename.com/eternal and https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1251968511535050&id=212408335491078 for more detailed information). Good luck!!

upload_2020-6-20_16-19-28.jpeg
upload_2020-6-20_16-19-28.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-20_16-25-38.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-20_16-25-38.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
The leak I had was from the sensor where the black wire is attached however I did remove the bolt and the pipe to which you are referring and also put some teflon tape and re-tighten in case that was the source of the leak. I removed the screw holding the sensor in place and removed the pulled the sensor out. Be careful not to drop the screw. When you pull the sensor out, there is some gas pressure that will be released. There is a small “O” ring washer which was a little worn but I could not find the right size. I think it is 1/4” O.D. x 7/32” I.D. x 1/16”. Instead, I put a bit of Pipe Thread Compound sealant on the metal piece of the sensor and a bit of Teflon tape and plugged back in. That seemed to have done the job. The leak had caused an E27 error which is an issue with the mixer value (refer to www.nonodename.com/eternal and https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1251968511535050&id=212408335491078 for more detailed information). Good luck!!

View attachment 63808View attachment 63808
How were you able to get at nut? you were able to loosen and tighten back up easily

Happy Kiwis

Reaction score
I had to remove the pipe in front of it to get to the nut on the back pipe. I had to loosen the nut on the other end of the pipe to remove the pipe. Was able to get it back on pretty easily although the space it tight. You will need a medium size spanner / wrench and make some turns.

jacquesstrap

Reaction score

View attachment 63808View attachment 63808

I'm glad you posted this because I have also just had the same thing occur. I actually had a much larger issue with the water pressure switch and spent today drilling out the seized switch, re-tapping the end and putting in a 1/8 BSP plug (retrofit kit). Re-assembled and thought I was golden, and now have a small leak occurring from the sensor with the black wire.

I have removed the clip and screw holding the sensor in, and there is a black o-ring that looks like it is a bit worn down.

Has anyone had any luck finding a replacement o-ring, or know what size specifically is required? Question @Happy Kiwis - why did you add teflon tape in addition to the pipe thread compound? Would just pipe thread compound be effective?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks