Eljer Murray toilet replacement tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

William3

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a rental property that I was replacing internal parts of toilet, I replace them every time a tenant leaves if it's been more than a couple years. This one I had never done before, and realized the previous owner of the property tried to fix a couple very small hairline cracks with silicone all over the place. It looks like it did still leak at some point but now I would like to replace the tank.

I'm trying to avoid replacing the entire unit due to it being installed odd in the tile and causing a bigger problem but I do not want to just try to seal these cracks that do leak.

Any idea how/if I could find a tank that is compatible? I tried calling and they had no idea since this model has been discontinued for a while I guess.

Inside the tank it just says Murray T.

Attached is a picture of the bowl if that means anything?

Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• IMG_6863.jpg
    IMG_6863.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 288

ToiletEnthusiast

Not a plumber, just a plumbing enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems pretty unlikely that you'll be able to find a replacement tank, due to the fact that Murray toilets haven't been made since the mid 90s at the latest. As much as I hate to tell you this, it looks as though you'll have to bite the bullet and purchase a new toilet. In the meantime, keep an eye out on Craigslist, eBay, or your local Habitat for Humanity ReStore in the off chance you find a replacement.

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid replacing the entire unit due to it being installed odd in the tile and causing a bigger problem but I do not want to just try to seal these cracks that do leak.
The Toto Soiree has a wide base, and may cover the tile defects that remain after the old toilet is removed.

William3

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, that is what I was afraid of.

I have a spare toilet at the building was just hoping there was a slim change to not mess with the tile. The Toto seems way more pricey than I want to put in an apt rental.

Thanks again for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks