Elec HWH

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie P

Reaction score
I'm about ready to pick up a 80g HWH from Home depot or Lowes.
Can they be layed down for transport?
They have 2 different wattages(4500 and 5500,I think)I plan on getting the higher wattage figureing it will heat up faster
And is there a certin brand I should stay away from?
Thank You

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This was posted by one of the pros previously...

Hot water heater brand recommendations
Bradford White, Rheem, AO Smith are my choices in that order.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
charlie p said:
I'm about ready to pick up a 80g HWH from Home depot or Lowes.Can they be layed down for transport?

I've moved many large hotwater tanks. Once you take them out of the wooden crate and lay them down in the back of a pickup truck, they get dented very easily. Even without dropping them, they dent from their sheer weight. Problem is they're so damn heavy. If you could have it delivered in the crate right where you need it, you can avoid laying it on its side.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I moved a bunch of Ruud 100 gallon gas HW tanks. Maybe the bigger ones are more prone to denting. Of course, we just stuck 'em in the basement of an apartment building, so nobody cared.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks