Ejector pump horizontal distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Chenxi LIU

Reaction score
I am a plumbing designer, I recently got a comment from one plumbing contractor about the horizontal distance between the fixtures to the ejector pump, the distance between my furthest fixture to the ejector pump is around 30', and he said it is the pitch required for the distance is far exceed the maximum depth for any pump. I am very confused about this comment. The ejector pump I choose liberty 1102/le102m, distance between the center of the sewer inlet pipe and the cover of the pump is 12", and 1% slope can only lower the sewer by 4" max. Is there anything else that will effect the depth of the sewer pipe that I missed, and what is the max. horizontal distance must ejector pump and take.

Thank you
Chen

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect that you misunderstood, and the contractor was saying that 1% slope into the basin was not enough, and that you would need a basin with a lower input.

At 1/4 inch per foot slope, you need a 4 inch drop for 16 ft. For 30 ft of pipe, you would need almost an 8 inch drop.

Last edited:

Chenxi LIU

Reaction score
I suspect that you misunderstood, and the contractor was saying that 1% slope into the basin was not enough, and that you would need a basin with a lower input.

At 1/4 inch per foot slope, you need a 4 inch drop for 16 ft. For 30 ft of pipe, you would need almost an 8 inch drop.

The slope is 1/8, there are not much fixtures connected to the sewer pipe, only one bathroom, one washing machine in a 4" pipe. So there should be only 4" drop. But I wonder if it is because some fixtures have traps and the sewer has to start pretty low position from the ground level.

Reach4

Reaction score
The slope is 1/8, there are not much fixtures connected to the sewer pipe, only one bathroom, one washing machine in a 4" pipe.
I suspect that is what the contractor was warning/complaining about. Where did you come up with "1/8"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks