Dual water heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

muddman77

Reaction score
So I am getting ready to plumb my new pottery studio, and I have a question about my idea for water heaters.

This is for a single sink only. I was originally going to put in a small electric tankless. But after reading about how they work, I am not sure if it will work well for my needs. I will sometimes need to have the water running very low, with just enough hot water to make it warm, so I am worried about the heater not getting enough flow to kick on. Also I will have a sprayer that will sometimes be used repeatedly in short bursts. Here I am also worried about getting the cold water sandwich effect.

So my idea is to put in a small tankless, and then a 2.5 gallon tank heater between the tankless and the faucet. The idea being it will act as a capacitor, giving me a steady supply of hot water. But also allowing for large amounts of hot water when needed.

Will this work? Should I go another route?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks