Dual Flush Reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Canada_Dave

Reaction score
I have looked around for dual flush reviews but none seem to be very recent (within the last year) and none include all the various makes/models. Every manufacturer seems to claim new technology improving their performance so I wanted to see what experts recommend for a dual flush toilet? Water consumption is very important to me but if that comes at the expense of having to clean a toilet after every use, a dual-flush toilet is not for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The only dual flush toilet I would consider would be a Toto...

But then again rather than Dual Flush I would consider one of the Toto Eco model HET toilets with the 1.28 gallon fer flush gravity systems...

I don't favor making life more complicated than it has to be...:cool:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I would second Redwood's suggestion. I considered a Toto Aquia but it has a more complex flushing mechanism in the tank, not to mention the fact that the flush button is on top of the tank so you can't put anything on top of the tank.

I just put 2 Toto Gwyneth's in my house. 1.28 gpf, ADA height, with CEFIONTECT. I am very happy with them. (I bought the one-piece models.) Great flush despite the lower gpf.

Canada_Dave

Reaction score
I would second Redwood's suggestion. I considered a Toto Aquia but it has a more complex flushing mechanism in the tank, not to mention the fact that the flush button is on top of the tank so you can't put anything on top of the tank.

I just put 2 Toto Gwyneth's in my house. 1.28 gpf, ADA height, with CEFIONTECT. I am very happy with them. (I bought the one-piece models.) Great flush despite the lower gpf.

Thanks for your suggestions Redwood and SteveW.
Any issues at all (needing to occasionally extra flush, staining, etc) with the Gwyneths?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have been using a Toto Dartmouth ADA which is very similar to a Toto Drake, for a year and a half. Never have had a clog, never needed to flush twice. Streaking is only a rare even and when it does occur, it is quickly and easily dealt with by a quick brushing. I see absolutely no need for a dual flush.:)

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Any issues at all (needing to occasionally extra flush, staining, etc) with the Gwyneths?

I haven't had those problems. Seems to handle plenty of "stuff" even with one flush and generally keeps the bowl clean. This is a little different from the Soiree I have in another bathroom which is good, certainly, but does seem to require a 2nd flush about 20% of the time and does seem more prone to staining.

SamC

Reaction score
The two-piece Gwyneth is another option. It flushes better due to the height of the water, and is less expensive than the one-piece. It has the same double-cyclone bowl wash, comfort height, and CEFIONTECT.

Reaction score
Website
www.stayhotbathtubs.com

I recently got a Two Piece Gwyneth for my down stairs bathroom. (the most used bathroom) Have not had any of the problems you have mentioned. Seems to be the best bang for your buck in the Toto line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks