Dripping Delta faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by rsmith99, Sep 3, 2020.

1. rsmith99

rsmith99 Member

I’ve replaced the cartridges, springs, and seats in this faucet twice. It works fine for a few months, then starts dripping again. The last time I used plumber silicone grease, which made it turn smooth, but now it’s dripping again.
    Any ideas?

EC097DDE-7B11-4FB9-AB0B-1506FB2957BC.jpeg 14FB50CD-75D0-4442-857C-EC00D56A24C5.jpeg

2. JerryR

JerryR Active Member

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. rsmith99

rsmith99 Member

They don’t make this faucet any more. Delta has lost money on me, I have called them so many times for replacement parts.
    There are only two parts involved. The cartridge and the spring/seat. They use these same parts in most of their faucets. I just don’t see why it doesn’t hold like it should.

5. JerryR

JerryR Active Member

They probably will send you all new guts first and if it didn’t fix it they will replace it. I needed a replacement under warranty for a discontinued model that had corrosion when there were no parts available. They asked me to select a similar replacement from a list they sent me. They then sent me the new model.