Drip system, not enough pressure!

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by newmex999, Apr 16, 2020.

1. newmex999

newmex999 New Member

My drip system no longer is working properly. Same system been installed and working properly for years. It passes through a 1" Orbit valve.
    Following troubleshooting steps already done:
    Pressure at each main line that comes from the 1" orbit valve where the 1/2"poly hose branches off is 80lbs( I normally have a 25lb pressure reducer on them). So, it appears the underground distribution lines are not an issue. However, after years of service, water does not reach the end drip lines even with 80lbs in line going through orbit valve.
    However if I hook up garden hose direct to drip, them everything works fine. I would assume this is testing all the poly and drip lines.
    The question is, why does the drip work ok hooked up to the garden hose and not to the orbit valve? Remember, each one had 80lbs pressure coming out.
    I am stumped?

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Find and clean the strainer. I don't know where your strainer is.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Or the Orbit valve may not be opening properly.