Drip system, not enough pressure!

Users who are viewing this thread

newmex999

Reaction score
My drip system no longer is working properly. Same system been installed and working properly for years. It passes through a 1" Orbit valve.
Following troubleshooting steps already done:
Pressure at each main line that comes from the 1" orbit valve where the 1/2"poly hose branches off is 80lbs( I normally have a 25lb pressure reducer on them). So, it appears the underground distribution lines are not an issue. However, after years of service, water does not reach the end drip lines even with 80lbs in line going through orbit valve.
However if I hook up garden hose direct to drip, them everything works fine. I would assume this is testing all the poly and drip lines.
The question is, why does the drip work ok hooked up to the garden hose and not to the orbit valve? Remember, each one had 80lbs pressure coming out.
I am stumped?

Reach4

Reaction score
Find and clean the strainer. I don't know where your strainer is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks