Drake with raised flange won't sit on floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

JMac

Reaction score
Attempting to install a new toilet at my parents. I bought them a Toto CST776, grabbed some tools, and drove down here. The original toilet was an older 5 gpf job that had been in the house for years before my parents even bought it. I managed to get it pulled, and see that the flange sticks up at least 1/2". I dry fitted the Toto and there didn't seem to be any rocking other than a little that needed leveling that I assumed was because of the floor. Pull it back up, put the seal down, and the bottom of the toilet won't go closer to the floor than 1/4-1/2" all around. I'm not comfortable enough, nor do i have the time, to replace the flange, so is there something I could use to raise the base of the toilet up (like the stand used for washing machines)?
Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is that high flange screwed down? The flange ring must be screwed down, because it will be the ring that holds the toilet down.

I think you should set the toilet on the flange with no seal. Position shims to prevent rocking. Lift the toilet off of the shims. Drop a no-horn wax ring onto the flange. Set the toilet onto the wax and the shims. Tighten down the toilet.

Apply acrylic caulk, such as Polyseamseal around the front 85% of the base.

Do not use a waxless seal for this one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks