Drain Routing

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulst

Reaction score
hi. Hope u can help. I have attached a couple of pictures. I'm need to reroute my vanity sink basins. Right now they do not go through the bottom plate. There was a built in vanity and corner tub and the drain ran behind these before going below the floor to meet up wth the corner tub and shower drain. I am installing a freestanding tub and vanity and therefore must hide this drain while ensuring a proper pitch. As u can see in the pictures there r a number of obstacles such as copper pipes, floor register and venting runs. Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Paul

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 126

Reach4

Reaction score
Drill through to the basement.

What, you don't have a basement? You say you are on the second floor of an apartment building? Guess that won't work then.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you have 2x10 or larger floor joists, you may be able to remove some flooring there and install with the pipes drilled through them. Free standing tubs can be very difficult to install, especially if you don't have access from below.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks