drain lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Removing the sanitary cross would be a good idea.
Even with a fixture cross, newer toilets will skip across the fitting and water will surge up the other arm,
Which raise the water in the opposite bowl, and then when the water spills out over the bend, you lose a good portion of water that had been setting in the bowl.

I'm in favor of not using cross fittings at all when two toilets are being used.

Just to see what I mean, you can pull one bowl, and flush the other room.
You will see water coming up the other toilet arm.
Strange, but true.

vskerche

Reaction score
What to use if no cross tee?

Removing the sanitary cross would be a good idea.
Even with a fixture cross, newer toilets will skip across the fitting and water will surge up the other arm,
Which raise the water in the opposite bowl, and then when the water spills out over the bend, you lose a good portion of water that had been setting in the bowl.

I'm in favor of not using cross fittings at all when two toilets are being used.

Just to see what I mean, you can pull one bowl, and flush the other room.
You will see water coming up the other toilet arm.
Strange, but true.

Thanks again Terry, How then would I tie in the 2nd toilet. Would it be permissible to attach a 3x3x3 wye into the horizontal just downstream from the 3x3x2 wye? and can that wye be at an angle? see pic

Attachments

• new drain config.jpg
    new drain config.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 156
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks