Drain in wrong location- new construction

Users who are viewing this thread

adsh

Reaction score
We are building a new home and the sheetrock is not up yet, but the laundry sink was plumbed in the wrong place. The builder is telling me that it cannot be moved because the drain is in the slab. It only needs to go about 3.5' or 4' to the left. Is he just trying to get out of fixing it or is there something that can be done?

From Skitch.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
The trap adapter into the wall does not have to be on the centerline of the sink.

adsh

Reaction score
Thank you both so much. I thought that was the case, so I asked the builder to try again. The plumber said there was a misunderstanding between him and the builder as to what was needed, but he is going to fix it for us.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; The plumber said there was a misunderstanding between him and the builder as to what was needed, but he is going to fix it for us.

Misunderstanding? Was this job being done verbally, so there were no drawings of where things had to be installed? He either put the plumbing where the blueprints showed it, or he didn't.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks