Drain and vent diagram advice needed

Users who are viewing this thread

mondaytrashtruck

Reaction score
Looking for advice on the drain and vents.

This won’t be inspected but I’d like it to be able to pass inspection.

The exterior walls are six inch studs , as is the wall between the bath and office.

the wall between the bath and the studio, it’s normal 4 inch.

This has a garage / basement below so easy access.

I’d like to run the vent stacks up and over to the backside of the roof peak if that’s doable and still have them function properly .
This is on a septic , I’ve had more than one person suggest running the clothes washer drain and possibly the shower drain , into a dry well , and not into the septic tank .

The sewer drain will exit the building near the bottom of the basement wall , almost directly under the kitchen sink and dishwasher .

The floor is web trusses , and at 1/4 inch per foot , for the 43 foot run between the toilet and exit i think we can get the desired slope inside the web ,

Currently it’s all bare studs.
IMG_1134.jpeg
IMG_1133.jpeg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
you are going to be high in joist bay and not much walls to vent near toilet 9 no walls in toilet room?). also the kitchen is a 6 - 0 window
might want to come up under window with AAV

mondaytrashtruck

Reaction score
you are going to be high in joist bay and not much walls to vent near toilet 9 no walls in toilet room?). also the kitchen is a 6 - 0 window
might want to come up under window with AAV
There is an exterior wall directly behind the toilet .

I just noticed there is a window shown on the wall behind the toilet , that window is not in the actual construction .

Yes
The kitchen window behind the sink is 6 feet wide .

This is a garage apartment addition to an existing house .
The existing house has the kitchen sink trap below the floor in the crawl space and a vent that runs sideways and verticals up beside the window in the exterior wall .

The existing house doesn’t have a AAV under the sink but I dont think they were using them in 1969 when the existing house was built .

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
if the window is high a vent might fit under at the kitchen minimum 6 above the top of sink or counter top whichever higher.
the wall behind toilet dosent reaaly help in this case from what I see as a dry vent must be verticle untill 6 inches above the flood rim of fixture .
The AAV is a very popular alternative to a real vent and Though I have little to no experiance with them they are pretty reliable from my understanding " Everybody is using them " except a very few like me If Im in a real jam I would though

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks