Double (triple) vanity sink plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by tvizzle, Jun 29, 2020.

1. tvizzle

tvizzle New Member

Hey y’all!

Is there a legal way to add a second vanity sink to this?

[​IMG]

There’s an adjoining bathroom on the other wall, that’s the lav on the right. It’s a 60 inch wall and would be awesome to add another sink!

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You have a 1.5" pipe there for two lavs now. Code now wants 2" for two or more lavs before the cross fitting.
    Below Is how I make a 1.5" work for two lavs.

[​IMG]

It's code if it's 2" to the wye.

[​IMG]

With 2" and a double fixture fitting.

QUESTION: In the original picture with the galvanized steel pipes, what is below that floor? Normally you can run it back to a 2" cast iron hub and from there you can run a new 2" pipe using a pipe donut.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. tvizzle

tvizzle New Member

Under the bathroom is either 3” or 4” cast iron, Id have to double check. It serves 4 bathrooms, so my money’s on 4”. I could definitely run 2” back to the hub, the galvy is not in good shape anyways.

Should I vent the double fixture even with 2”?

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    All plumbing needs venting. Have you ever noticed all those plumbing vents through the roofs in your neighborhood?
    Venting breaks the siphon and prevents the p-traps from being sucked dry allowing sewer gas from entering the home. The lavs can be vented with 1.5" and the waste side where they combine is 2"

[​IMG]
    This video shows how to shot gun a beer. Drinking from a can with two holes, one to drink from and the other hole allows air to pull through.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  6. tvizzle

tvizzle New Member

Right! *shotguns beer*
    I mean somethings still gunna be wet vented, kinda like this: upload_2020-6-30_4-17-1.jpeg

right? The double fixture t needs a vent loop back to the main stack.