Double (triple) vanity sink plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Tvizzle

Reaction score
Hey y’all!

Is there a legal way to add a second vanity sink to this?

tvizzle-01.jpg

There’s an adjoining bathroom on the other wall, that’s the lav on the right. It’s a 60 inch wall and would be awesome to add another sink!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have a 1.5" pipe there for two lavs now. Code now wants 2" for two or more lavs before the cross fitting.
Below Is how I make a 1.5" work for two lavs.

single_to_double_lav.jpg

It's code if it's 2" to the wye.

index.php

With 2" and a double fixture fitting.

QUESTION: In the original picture with the galvanized steel pipes, what is below that floor? Normally you can run it back to a 2" cast iron hub and from there you can run a new 2" pipe using a pipe donut.

Last edited:

Tvizzle

Reaction score
Under the bathroom is either 3” or 4” cast iron, Id have to double check. It serves 4 bathrooms, so my money’s on 4”. I could definitely run 2” back to the hub, the galvy is not in good shape anyways.

Should I vent the double fixture even with 2”?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All plumbing needs venting. Have you ever noticed all those plumbing vents through the roofs in your neighborhood?
Venting breaks the siphon and prevents the p-traps from being sucked dry allowing sewer gas from entering the home. The lavs can be vented with 1.5" and the waste side where they combine is 2"

dwv_b2.jpg

This video shows how to shot gun a beer. Drinking from a can with two holes, one to drink from and the other hole allows air to pull through.

Last edited:

Tvizzle

Reaction score
Right! *shotguns beer*
I mean somethings still gunna be wet vented, kinda like this:
upload_2020-6-30_4-17-1.jpeg

right? The double fixture t needs a vent loop back to the main stack.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks