Do I need to sign up for Medicare when I turn 65?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bozo

Reaction score
Ok I've read the information on www.medicare.gov and I'm still confused after talking to friends and some other online reading.
I'm still working at a job that has 20 or more employees and have health insurance from that job.
I think I don't need to sign up for anything since I have insurance with my employer and from what I read on the medicare website.
Others say I need to sign up for A and one friend who's wife works in doctors office says I need to sign up for part C

Does anyone on this forum have any experience that can point me in the right direction?

I've tried calling Medicare and every time I've been on hold for like 10 - 15 minutes and no one ever picks up.

Reach4

Reaction score
There is a grace period. I forget if it was 2 or 3 months. If you wait beyond that, there is a penalty on your premiums forever.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks