Do I have to revent

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnDill

Reaction score
Ranch style house. I have a 4 inch pipe running vertically from the roof to the basement It has no drains connected to it on the first floor or above. I need to connect a toilet, and a tub and shower to this 4 inch then connect it back to the exiting pipe in the basement. I am planning on reventing the toilet with a 2 inch pipe that will come off the vertical pipe running up to the closet flange in the basement then go back up to the main floor above flood rim and tie back into the 4inch vent stack, on the first floor. I will be 2 feet from the vent stack in the basement for the tub/shower and was planning on dumping that directly to the stack and not revent. Am I doing this correctly? They follow IPC

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm having a hard time figuring out what you intend to do.
Venting can tie back in at six inches above flood level, which is 42" based on a 36" counter height. That way no water or waste gets in those vent lines.
You can't dump waste plumbing on the floor above down a vent for the lower floor.
If you have plumbing going to a stack with waste, then there needs to be venting before it gets to the stack.

dwv_b2.jpg

JohnDill

Reaction score
I was not clear but you were I understand what you are saying and it answered my question. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks