Diverter and water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

rustyroo

Reaction score
I have replaced the washers on my diverter stem for my tub/shower because it would drip from the shower if you filled the tub.

That problem is fixed. But now, when I run the shower, it runs out of the tub spigot at a great deal of speed. I still have plenty of water pressure to run the shower head as well. Do I need to replace the diverter stem completely to fix this or is the spigot supposed to run at the same time?

Thank you for any help!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A diverter stem usually has two gaskets on it.....one to keep water out of the shower head when using spout, and one to keep water out of the spout when you want it to go to the head.

Probably didn't replace everything that was needed. A new stem should take care of it. Make sure to screw the stem to an intermediate, or half-way, position, when installing into the valve body.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks