Dishwasher Dilemma

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeG17

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just bought a new dishwasher and am trying to install it myself but because of my dishwashers location, the included 6ft drain hose is not long enough to reach the sink. It said in the manual I could order a 12 ft one but whirlpool doesn't have it in stock until January.

There are other 12 ft whirlpool hoses but they are not the same part number and are missing one of the grey rubber fittings on one end, so I didn't think it would work.

I was told by someone at menards that I could use a rubber hose instead with screw clamps. So That's what I bought. But when I put it on the branch tailpiece on my sink drain, the hose was pretty loose so I'm worried that even if I clamp it, it will leak.

The rubber hose has a 7/8" ID

So would it work if I just bought something like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Keeney-1-1...ect-Branch-Tailpiece-7-8-in-OD-Outlet/1088263

because I think the tailpiece on my sink drain is smaller than 7/8

Any other way to do this?

Thanks

branch-tailpiece-for-dw.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Dishwashers use 7/8" and 5/8" hoses. Normally the end of the drain hose is 5/8" and then bells out to 7/8", so that you have options.

Disposers use the 7/8" and air gaps use the 5/8".

jb-air-gap-1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks