Differences between Toto Drakes CST744EL#01 and CST454CEFG#01?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by runskeeter, Apr 8, 2015.

1. runskeeter

runskeeter New Member

I've been searching around but really don't understand the differences between these two models. I'm set on the Drake, but there's a noticeable difference in price. Help!
    Is there a preference for one over the other?

Thanks in advance......

2. JMac

JMac Member

I'm doing this off the top of my head, but if I remember correctly, the 744EL is the Drake ADA elongated and the 454CEFG is the Drake II cyclone flush elongated comfort height sanagloss.
    I was in your boat a few months back and I went with the 454CEFG. Is it worth the extra +/-$100? That depends on you.

To compare them, the EL and the EF are very close to the same thing; the only difference being a fraction of an inch in bowl height (L=16.5", F=16.125").
    The C and the G is where the real difference is:
    C=Double Cyclone rinse (2 water outlets parallel to the top of the bowl causing a cyclone type bowl rinse as opposed to the standard many holes facing down into the bowl under the rim)
    G=Sanagloss finish (a nanotech finish that is antibacterial and helps prevent skidmarks from sticking in the bowl)

some other small dimensional differences:
    744: 28" rear of tank to front of bowl
    454: 28.5"

744: tank is 19.5" wide (there is an 'ELN' model that has a 18.625" wide tank)
    454: 16.5"

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement