Differences between Toto Drakes CST744EL#01 and CST454CEFG#01?

Users who are viewing this thread

runskeeter

Reaction score
I've been searching around but really don't understand the differences between these two models. I'm set on the Drake, but there's a noticeable difference in price. Help!
Is there a preference for one over the other?

Thanks in advance......

JMac

Reaction score
I'm doing this off the top of my head, but if I remember correctly, the 744EL is the Drake ADA elongated and the 454CEFG is the Drake II cyclone flush elongated comfort height CEFIONTECT.
I was in your boat a few months back and I went with the 454CEFG. Is it worth the extra +/-$100? That depends on you.

To compare them, the EL and the EF are very close to the same thing; the only difference being a fraction of an inch in bowl height (L=16.5", F=16.125").
The C and the G is where the real difference is:
C=Double Cyclone rinse (2 water outlets parallel to the top of the bowl causing a cyclone type bowl rinse as opposed to the standard many holes facing down into the bowl under the rim)
G=CEFIONTECT finish (a nanotech finish that is antibacterial and helps prevent skidmarks from sticking in the bowl)

some other small dimensional differences:
744: 28" rear of tank to front of bowl
454: 28.5"

744: tank is 19.5" wide (there is an 'ELN' model that has a 18.625" wide tank)
454: 16.5"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks