Delta Shower Pan Crack/Pop Noise

Users who are viewing this thread

innkeeper

Reaction score
Installed this pan over a week ago, maybe two. I've been busy so I haven't been working on this project until the other day.

There is one spot in my Delta Classic shower pan that makes a pop/crack noise when pressure is released. This did not occur the day of installation.

Pan is level, floor is level. I used Dap as adhesive underneath per Delta's recommendation. Drain is of course installed and the base has been screwed into studs. This spot is about 7 inches in from the open side of the pan.

Here is the video with sound:
http://imgur.com/gallery/7CE4vh8

Mike Rock

Reaction score
I am not familiar with Delta pans, but I know Dreamline says to use thinset to set their pans down. I find it odd that Delta says to just use DAP.

At this point, I would try to spray some expanding foam from underneath to fill that void if you can reach in there . I would get a long flexible tube and try to route it under the pan to that spot and spray the foam liberally. Wait about a day before putting weight on it.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
This is why I either install a lead pan 4 PSF sheet lead or a Terrazzo base as it lasts and is noise proof and never used any other materials except once I made a pan out of copper for a special application

Attachments

• Pan1.JPG
    Pan1.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 176
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks