Delta Scald Guard. How do I adjust the water heat for this shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Connor

Reaction score
I have attached a picture of the shower handle that I took off. I was looking at YouTube tutorials but all the mechanisms looked different than this one. What I want to do is make the shower hotter. Right now it's lukewarm at best. The rest of the house gets hot water so I think I just have to adjust it somehow....

I was wondering if any of you have seen this before and what the next step I should take is.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180927_011723.jpg
    20180927_011723.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 389
  • 20180927_011721.jpg
    20180927_011721.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 819

Reach4

Reaction score
img_2.jpg

Is that a screw? If so, what happens if you back it off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor

Reaction score
View attachment 48908 Is that a screw? If so, what happens if you back it off?

It's a screw with a bald top. So I dont think it will come out easy. I think I'm going to rotate the lined metal covering and see if that comes off .The only issue is it's on there pretty good.

Attachments

• 20180927_011726.jpg
    20180927_011726.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 397

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What is your water heater temperature set to? As fall is starting, I'm guessing your cold water temperature will be dropping some, and make it worse through the winter into next summer. As you extend that set screw out, it will hit the white plastic stop sooner, limiting the amount of hot water you can get. It appears that it is 'in' as far as it can go (allowing maximum hot). There is likely either a slot on the bottom side, or an hex requiring an Allen wrench to turn it.

Are all of the other fixtures able to get much hotter water? If not, you may have a problem with one of the valves leaking with a cross-over, diluting the hot water supply to the shower. The water will flow in the path of least resistance, so it may not be everywhere, but you may have some other valve with a cross-over. You may notice this by having the cold water warmed up, too, in other places.

I don't know if that model has a pressure balance spool valve, but if it does, it may be partially stuck, limiting the amount of hot water available. If that's the case, a new one should fix it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks