Delta Monitor 1500 shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

tqtq

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Our plumber is having trouble getting the sleeve and the bonnet nut off our faucet in order to replace the cartridge and stop a leak. (I contacted Delta and have the cartridge RP32104. I have new Delta seals, springs and a bonnet nut on order from HD.)

The plumber suggested I purchase another full replacement shower faucet kit in case the bonnet nut and or sleeve break and he has to cut the pipes in the wall and replace it all. Yikes! Please give me some advise to help avoid that situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can call other plumbers, but they will say basically the same thing.

Sometimes, when it so corroded, the trim gets damaged in the process of removing it.

The other option is to replace the whole thing, with a 2018 model. Would be my choice.

tqtq

Reaction score
Do you have a recommendation for a brand or type of shower faucet I should select if we have to have the whole thing replaced?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like Moen Posi-Temp rough in (brass body that goes inside the wall).

But there are other manufacturers out there, just as good.

Then you select a trim set, and there are many choices for the rough in you chose.

tqtq

Reaction score
image.jpeg

The death of my beloved Delta Monitor 1500. Shower only faucet. The only parts that let go were the thin copper valve pipes. I'm the proud new owner of a brass-valved Moen. Thank you again for the recommendation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks