Delta bath tub diverter spout that fits on brass adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Muhammad Siddiq

Reaction score
I am looking for a tub diverter spout that fits on brass adapter (please see images). The local big stores do not carry this type of diverter spouts. Any info on the vendors carrying this spout would be helpful
Thanks.

Bath tub spout assembly.png
Bath tub diverter spout.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Delta makes those using that type of brass fitting for their diverter spouts.
Pasco makes generic tub spouts, both diverter and non diverter using the same concept but with a all plastic adapter.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Take a good look at the O-ring, and you might want to replace it when replacing the spout. Doesn't hurt to slober some silicon plumber's grease on it, too, prior to screwing on the new spout. That helps ensure it stays in place when putting on the new spout.

Delta makes a number of spouts that utilize that same adapter.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
delta-rp5834-1.jpg

Delta RP5834

delta-rp5834-3.jpg

It comes with the adapter that allows soldering to 1/2" or works with a 1/2" pipe nipple.

delta-rp5834-2.jpg

This is one of their "pull-up" spouts.

Muhammad Siddiq

Reaction score
Thank you so much for proving this info. I did check out Delta RP7834 but I was avoiding to solder it. Thus, for a long-term solution, I removed the soldered brass adapter. I was worried so as not to to loosen the copper elbow only 3 inch away . I soaked a napkin in cold water and put it on the copper elbow to minimize heat to that connection. Then heated the brass adapter and wiggled it with slip joint pliers to remove it. Again, thank you for responding to my post.

Steve Griffith

Reaction score
having a similar issue replacing tub faucet diverter. see attached pics, have tried HD and specialty plumbing stores with no luck. Old one is a front threaded diverter. Front end of white insert measures 3/4" back end measure 1 1/4". Faucet screws on/off of adapter. Every other spout I've tried is too small on both front threaded end and back end that screws into adapter. Will delta# RP17453 or rp38450 work here?

Attachments

• sg1.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,049
  • sg2.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 844
  • sg3.jpg
    sg3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 795
  • sg4.jpg
    sg4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 831
  • sg5.jpg
    sg5.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 921
  • sg6.jpg
    sg6.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 848

Reach4

Reaction score
sg1.jpg looks like the RP12307 adapter unless there is a setscrew on the other side.

The RP12307 tub spout adapter measures 1.80" in length and 1.12" in diameter.

The RP12307 adapter accepts the RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Diverter, Chrome and RP17453 and several more. The adapter should be 1/4 to 1 inch from the wall.

rymanimal

Reaction score
sg1.jpg looks like the RP12307 adapter unless there is a setscrew on the other side.

The RP12307 tub spout adapter measures 1.80" in length and 1.12" in diameter.

The RP12307 adapter accepts the RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Diverter, Chrome and RP17453 and several more. The adapter should be 1/4 to 1 inch from the wall.
Do you have any other options for spouts that aren’t a pull down? I am having a difficult time finding any that work with the RP12307

Reach4

Reaction score

I am confident there are more.

I am presuming you want pull-up, rather than not pull-down.

Yvette

Reaction score
I am looking for a tub diverter spout that fits on brass adapter (please see images). The local big stores do not carry this type of diverter spouts. Any info on the vendors carrying this spout would be helpful
Thanks.

View attachment 51486View attachment 51488
I have this exact problem now. Have looked high and low for a replacement spout. Cannot find any for my 1” thread pipe. Any suggestions on where I can get one? Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I have this exact problem now. Have looked high and low for a replacement spout. Cannot find any for my 1” thread pipe. Any suggestions on where I can get one? Thanks
1 inch threaded pipe is about 1.315 inches OD. 3/4 is about 1.05.

Who had the exact same problem as you?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks