Delta 600 Valve Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

GodBlessJoanie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thought this was the place to go for REAL help! I have a Delta 600 single handle shower IMG_3431.jpg fixture. The valve (see photo) wasn't working and when we went to replace the "mixer" the head of old one broke OFF and the body is stuck inside the valve (you can see it on the right side.)

Of course DELTA doesn't 'make this whole valve anymore' so the plumber is telling me I have to buy a whole new set. He's ready to cut the pipes and install a new unit. I can't find anything on the market that I like -- white would be find but "they don't make it anymore...."

Is there a "junk yard" for these whole valves where I could buy one?

Many thanks!
Joanie

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is the pressure balancing spool and it WILL pull out with the right tool. Then just buy a new one at any hardware store and screw it in. You don't have a very good plumber if he doesn't know this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks