Delta 2600 & 2800 Three handle bathtub faucet leaking

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by losten, Jan 15, 2021.

1. losten

losten New Member

Hello, all. I could desperately use some help trying to fix a bathtub faucet leak. Water has been leaking from the faucet since before I bought the house (about a month ago) and has been recently getting worse. I have a three handle setup in a home built in the late 1960’s. I know next to nothing about plumbing and my initial research led me to believe the leak was likely due to a worn washer that needed to be replaced.
    I was finally able to get the water turned off and one of the handles removed and...it wasn’t what I expected. I’ve attached pictures of the hot faucet handle I took off and the back access view of the brass piping. I can’t see any discernible connection point for the stem/how to remove it and now I’m starting to wonder if an old washer is even the problem.
    I’m a little in over my head at this point and haven’t been able to get any professional help out here because COVID is hitting my area hard at the moment. Any help figuring out what the likely culprit is (and how to fix it) would be very much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021
    blue_bleeder likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

blue_bleeder likes this.
  4. losten

losten New Member

Thank you so much for this! I was able to replace the stems, seats, and springs on both the hot and cold. That stopped the leak for about three days but now it’s started to slow drip again so I don’t know what the problem could be, unless I made a rookie mistake trying to fix it. I think it might be time to wait for a plumber.