Delta 1400 Shower Head Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Drip Drip

Reaction score
There is an O ring in the shower head that leaks and I can not find a replacement number or size. This has nothing to do with the faucet because it leaks around the edge of the shower head only when it is running. I've tried tightening it, but it still leaks. I noticed on Delta's website that it is a common problem, but all they do is say we are sorry that RP34355 shower head leaks.

rp34355-b1.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Shower arms are standard 1/2" IPS threads and the washers for the shower heads are standard too.
However, if you have a washer already for that, the next step would be to pick up a roll of plumber tape, wrap the shower arm threads with three wraps being careful to not have any strand of tape hovering over the end which can prevent a good seal with the washer and thread it back on again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks