Deck for drop-in tub

Users who are viewing this thread

phaseadvance

Reaction score
How much larger than the tub must the deck be? I'm going to install a drop-in whirlpool tub that is 5ft long X 32 in wide. I'd like the deck to be as small as possible, but still be wide enough for the faucet. The deck will be natural stone or solid surface. Thanks for your advice.

Cruiser

Reaction score
Each manufacturer will specify their own size etc. You can check on the their website for their recs. and installation guide.

Ron in SC

Reaction score
How much larger than the tub must the deck be?
I just installed one of those air bubble type tubs and the deck size would not have been an issue because the weight of the tub is to be supported by the floor not the deck.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you use a long tub filler spout, you could mount the controls and spout on a knee wall and not need any deck, or a minimal one. In that situation, you may want to use a tub with a tiling flange, as it's a good idea to either have some area so you can see water splashed up and be able to dry it off, or not care, since the tub us against the wall with a tiled surface.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks