Dechlorination Tank Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

patrick2

Reaction score
I’ve moved to a small city near Houston Texas and noticed a significant chlorine odor in the city water. It’s strong when using the shower and there are residuals on the skin afterwards. The chlorine really fowls up the flavor of coffee and iced tea.

We plan to install a two stage, under sink particle & carbon filter, for the drinking water but need something for the showers. If I read the comments correctly, the showerhead filters are a waste of money.

I’ve read elsewhere on this forum of whole house dechlorination, and it looks like the selection is limited to the large fiberglass tank carbon filters (Sodium Thiosulfate Proportion Pumps/Injectors where mentioned but I can’t find a seller or dealer).

When searching on the web, I don’t see maintenance instructions for these tanks, or instructions about periodic replacement of the carbon filter.
  • How often do you need to replace the filter (or after how many gallons)?
  • It occasionally freezes in South Texas; can I conveniently drain these tanks and bypass them?

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
patrick2 said:
I’ve read elsewhere on this forum of whole house dechlorination, and it looks like the selection is limited to the large fiberglass tank carbon filters (Sodium Thiosulfate Proportion Pumps/Injectors where mentioned but I can’t find a seller or dealer).

Try the links in some of those posts and I believe you will find folks right here who can help you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks